Chef Eddie Vedder came on the show and baked some awesome cookies. Here’s the recipe!
4 ounces salted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup flax seeds
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or by hand, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar just until smooth and creamy.
2. Beat in the egg and the vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the beaten butter until combined, then mix in the chocolate chips, the nuts, and the seeds.
5. Cover and chill the batter until firm. (For best results, at least chill overnight.)
6. To bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
7. Roll the cookie dough into balls about the size of a large unshelled walnut. Place 8 – 10 balls evenly spaced apart on the baking sheet.
8. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, until the cookies look barely browned and are still very soft. (They’ll firm up as they cool; the key to good chewy cookies is undercooking them!)
9. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the sheet for a minute before transferring them with a spatula to a cooling rack. Repeat cooking process until all your dough is cooked.
Makes two dozen cookies (or more, depending on how small you make em)
Got questions for Chef Eddie Vedder?
Follow him on Twitter @ChefEddieVedder